Hope for North Brevard is excited to team up with public schools in the north end of Brevard County to begin the CHAMP program. This program centers around the belief that our community can be a real champion for local youth and schools. CHAMP stands for “Community Helps Achieve Maximum Potential”. The facts are:
- North Brevard has some amazing and gifted students, but many of them also have personal struggles that prevent them from choosing success.
- North Brevard has many faithful teachers/staff who tirelessly invest in the lives of students, often with little resources.
- North Brevard is filled with caring and generous residents like YOU who can make the difference and help students achieve their fullest potential.
CHAMP mentoring program is all about positive role models like YOU committing to encourage 1 student for 30 minutes per week for the 2017-2018 school year. We started the program at Astronaut High School and Madison Middle School. We are now working on expanding our efforts to Mims Elementary, Oak Park Elementary & Pinewood Elementary.
Mentoring is a huge need and a real answer for students! As a thank you for your willingness to become a mentor, HNB is offering reimbursement for the BCPS fingerprinting cost and AHS/MMS are giving a complimentary annual pass to attend extracurricular activities, plus Business Partner opportunities.
We hope you choose to be a part of the CHAMP program! The FACT SHEET below gives more details regarding mentoring and how to complete the 3 steps to getting started:
- Complete the CHAMP Mentor Form
- Complete BCPS Online Volunteer Application
- Complete fingerprinting at Viera School Board office
NEW! If you would like to mentor an elementary student please complete the form below: